Philip Booth is Professor of Finance, Public Policy and Ethics, St. Mary’s University, Twickenham, which is the UK's largest Catholic university. He is also a senior academic fellow at the Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA).
Recent Articles by Philip Booth
- When it comes to environmental problems in general and global warming in particular, I empathise with those who take the issue seriously. I like nature, and I am risk averse. However, I tend
- British Prime Minister Theresa May is obsessed with measuring pay gaps between social groups. She championed the requirement for companies with more than 250 workers to measure the so-called
- There is a danger that anything a Christian writes about Christmas for an economics blog will be a heresy or will be perceived as moving the focus away from where it belongs and towards the
- The rise of the gilets jaunes rioters in France took many people by surprise. President Emmanuel Macron has caved in to the rioters’ demands and offered other policy concessions to try to
- Despite the fact that there is little evidence for this proposition, it is widely held that deregulation of financial markets caused the financial crisis. Given that it is so widely believed