We are seeking an experienced conference professional to support our Programs and Education team and organize the production of Acton’s high-end educational conferences, such as; Acton University, Toward a Free and Virtuous Society (TFAVS), Thriving Churches, our Acton Lecture Series (ALS), etc.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a conference and programs assistant you will facilitate the planning and logistics of our conferences in a team-like fashion. In this integral role you will be responsible for the following:
- Assist on conference planning & logistics in a comprehensive manner.
- Coordinate the conference administrative process of online registration; required follow through; and general correspondence.
- Assist in a seamless fashion the process and logistics of high caliber conferences.
- Efficiently handle database systems and data entry for all event details.
- Handle appropriate follow up on metric tracking and prepare detailed conference reports.
- Handle food and beverage for Program Conferences.
- Print and assemble nametags and brochures.
- Assist with general departmental responsibilities.
Qualifications & Skills
The preferred candidate will possess the following:
- 2+ years of proven professional experience in educational conference planning and logistics.
- Proficient in CVent, MS Word, Publisher, MS Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience assisting educational conferences with over 900 participants attending from all over the world.
- Associates degree or higher in Hospitality Event Management, or Certified Meeting Planner(CMP)
- Excellent logistical, organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Successful team building skills.
- Proper decorum and conduct to effectively facilitate planning & logistics to assist our conferences.
- Demonstrate customer service and foster a collaborative team player environment at all times.
- Positive outlook and will go the extra mile to see tasks and projects through.
- Foreign Language skills is a plus.
- Proficient with conference planning software is preferred.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge software is a plus.
- Occasional travel.
This is a full time position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. To be fully considered for this opportunity, please send a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of the Acton Institute; your resume; and your salary history & expectations to Talent@acton.org. Incomplete applicant submissions will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview.
About the Acton Institute
The Acton Institute is interdenominational and our mission is to promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles. In the last ten years alone, more than 6,000 people from the worlds of higher education, ministry, business and the social services have attended Acton University and or other educational programs. Learn more about the Acton Institute.