We are seeking an experienced Conferences & Events Coordinator to help organize the production of Acton’s high end educational conferences and events, such as; Acton University, Toward a Free and Virtuous Society (TFAVS), Acton Lecture Series (ALS), and various small conferences and donor events for the Acton Institute.
Roles & Responsibilities
As Conferences & Events Coordinator you will join the C&E team as an integral member to facilitate planning, logistics and execution of Acton’s international and domestic conferences, events and programs. In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Conference and event coordination, including print/web/email promotion, recruitment, registration, data gathering, data input and reporting.
- Accurate and attentive data management including gathering, organizing, summarizing, and dissemination through filing systems, databases, and reporting.
- Power-user in HubSpot, Cvent, and Raiser’s Edge databases.
- Coordinate participant and staff logistics, including air/ground transportation, lodging, food/beverage, and special needs.
- Work within, monitor, and follow up on project deadlines and program outcomes.
- Vendor management, including working with a team to determine needs, quoting services, maintaining budget, preparing event orders, and overseeing on-site setup.
- Oral and written communication with domestic and international participants, speakers, VIPs, and internal stakeholders.
- Handle and respond to conference inquiries.
- Track various event deadlines.
- Assist with the planning, coordination, logistics, and on-site execution of multiple conferences and events.
- Review conference contracts and participate in negotiations as needed.
- Assist with general departmental duties.
Qualifications & Skills
The preferred candidate will possess the following:
- An understanding and appreciation for Acton’s mission.
- Values consistent with the Acton Institute.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years of proven professional experience with planning and executing conferences and events.
- Demonstrated experience with international events.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Forward thinker while able to focus on short-term assignments and tasks.
- Demonstrated customer service to support internal stakeholders.
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, with a “roll-up-my-sleeves” and “can-do” attitude.
- Proper business and professional etiquette, with a warm hospitality and hosting demeanor.
- Ability to handle confidential information discretely.
- Exercise sound judgment whether working independently or in collaborative environments.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Ability to be proficient with databases such as Cvent, Raisers Edge, HubSpot, and Concur.
- Ability to plan and execute conferences and events from concept to completion with some oversight.
- Ability to travel and provide on-site support at events, as well as occasional weekend and evening work.
- International language skills preferred.
- CMP certification is a plus.
This is a full time position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply!
How to Apply
To be fully considered for this opportunity please send a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the Acton Institute; your resume; and your salary history & expectations to Talent@acton.org. Incomplete applicant submissions will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview.
About the Acton Institute
The Acton Institute is a leading educational organization located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Our mission is to promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles, learn more about us at www.acton.org.