The Acton Institute an internationally recognized world class think tank is located in the Acton Building in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan. Acton is a non-profit educational organization and our mission is to promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles www.acton.org.
We are seeking a Director of International Outreach to join our growing and dynamic team to further Acton’s International reach. In this role you will facilitate our international outreach efforts and your key responsibilities will broadly include:
- Collaborate with Acton’s leaders to develop a strategic process toward achieving greater international visibility for the Acton Institute.
- Engage with Acton leadership and global partners, through broad gatherings and in coordination with Acton leveraged facilitators, to set international goals, establish efficiencies and identify opportunities for international development.
- Ensure that our international framework will impact communities and cultures around the world, helping them to connect religious faith, individual liberty and free enterprise with personal, moral responsibility.
- Bring Acton’s rich portfolio of research, media, and program content to reach and connect with broad and global audiences.
Roles & Responsibilities
The role requires:
- Occasional domestic and international travel.
- That you are currently legally authorized to work in the USA; the Acton Institute will not provide US Visa sponsorship for this position.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to formally apply and send; a cover letter explaining your interest in Acton’s mission and this role, your resume and your salary history and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only qualified candidates who submit a complete application with all of the required materials will be considered for this position.
Qualifications & Skills
The preferred candidate will possess:
- Understanding of Acton’s mission and the synthesis of free markets and morality.
- Advanced Degree in related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in international development or international outreach.
- Excellent diplomatic and relational skills.
- Successful network building skills.
- Excellent speaking, analytical, research and writing ability.
- Professional decorum at all times.
- Intellectual ability to collaborate effectively with broad audiences to achieve desired results.
- Awareness and respect of international cultures and norms, with proficient foreign language ability.
This is a full time role based in Grand Rapids, Michigan at the Acton Institute.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit the required application materials; a cover letter explaining your interest in Acton’s mission and this role, your resume and your salary history and salary expectations to: email@example.com.
Only qualified candidates who submit a complete application with all of the required materials will be considered for this position. While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview.
About the Acton Institute
The Acton Institute is interdenominational and our mission is to promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles. In the last ten years alone, more than 6,000 people from the worlds of higher education, ministry, business and the social services have attended Acton University and or other educational programs. Learn more about the Acton Institute.