DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
The Acton Institute for the Study of Religion and Liberty is a leading international educational organization located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Acton Institute is interdenominational and our mission is to promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles www.acton.org.
We are growing and adding to our talented team! We are seeking an experienced Director of Marketing to fill a key role developing and implementing Acton’s marketing plan. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a marketing professional interested in extending our ideas and mission. In this position you will oversee our marketing strategies and activities; including global branding, marketing communications, and the promotion and sales of all of Acton’s products and works.
This is a full time position located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Salary is commensurate with experience and we offer a competitive benefit package to full time employees.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to formally apply and send; a cover letter explaining your interest in Acton’s mission and this role, your resume and your salary history and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Roles & Responsibilities
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop the Acton Institute brand and implement a process for branding consistency.
- Collaborate across departments to coordinate the promotion of all Acton activities and products.
- Lead and be responsible for the sales and promotion of all of Acton’s works.
- Oversee the Acton Bookshop.
- Maintain a product catalog.
- The ideal candidate for this role will have hands on proficiency with digital marketing skills and expertise in using email, social media, Google AdWords, etc., to achieve target marketing and sales plan results.
Qualifications & Skills
The preferred candidate will possess:
- Understanding of Acton’s mission and the synthesis of free markets and morality.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Five years of experience with a successful track record in a similar role.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing and sales activities.
- Excellent speaking, analytical, and research skills.
- Strong on-line communication skillsets and proficiency in social media, digital technologies.
- Excellent written communication skills with experience editing and proofreading.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Ability to manage multiple short and long term projects.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- MS Office Suite proficiency.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud for Photoshop and Illustrator software is a plus.
This is a full time role based in Grand Rapids, Michigan at the Acton Institute.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit the required application materials; a cover letter explaining your interest in Acton’s mission and this role, your resume and your salary history and salary expectations to: email@example.com.
Only qualified candidates who submit a complete application with all of the required materials will be considered for this position. While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview.
About the Acton Institute
The Acton Institute is interdenominational and our mission is to promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles. In the last ten years alone, more than 6,000 people from the worlds of higher education, ministry, business and the social services have attended Acton University and or other educational programs. Learn more about the Acton Institute.