We are currently seeking a first-rate professional to join Acton as our Foundation Relations Coordinator. This is an exciting opportunity where you will play a vital role on our Development Team managing Acton’s Grant Writing and Foundation Relations process.
Roles & Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include:
- Writing clear and comprehensive proposals to obtain foundation grants and financial support for the Acton Institute;
- facilitate and finalize written interim reports to grantors;
- manage a detailed proposal and reporting system including maintaining accurate database records to reflect report and proposal timelines.
Other duties include creating presentations or written materials for potential grantors and key stakeholders, and participating in events and other advancement activities as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience in grant writing with excellent research, writing and planning ability to produce effective requests for financial support while working in a fast-paced and multi-faceted environment.
Qualifications & Skills
The preferred candidate will possess:
- Understanding and appreciation for Acton’s mission
- BS or BA in English or related field
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Exceptional process management and organizational skills
- Successful relationship building and communication expertise
- Superb team player attitude; works well with all levels on staff to achieve desired results
- Can do spirit with strong attention to detail, accuracy and follow through to meet strict deadlines
- Familiarity with donor database software programs or experience with Raiser’s Edge is a plus
- The following direct professional experience is a plus: writing grants, proposals or crafting text for fundraising materials; success dealing with foundations and grantors; experience with donor development and corporate relations.
This is a full time role based in Grand Rapids, Michigan at the Acton Institute.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit the required application materials: a cover letter explaining your interest in Acton’s mission and this role, your resume and your salary history and requirements to: Talent@acton.org.
Only candidates who submit a complete application with all of the required materials will be considered for this position.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview.
About the Acton Institute
The Acton Institute is interdenominational and our mission is to promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles. In the last ten years alone, more than 6,000 people from the worlds of higher education, ministry, business and the social services have attended Acton University and or other educational programs. Learn more about the Acton Institute.