The Acton Institute for the Study of Religion and Liberty is a leading research and educational organization located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Acton’s reach is international and our mission is to promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles https://acton.org/about/mission.
Roles & Responsibilities
We are seeking a top-rate Receptionist to provide administrative front desk and office support. In this professional role you will politely greet and receive guests; responsibly maintain lobby security; operate a multi-phone line to properly field incoming calls and inquiries in a professional friendly manner; administer mail and priority shipments; maintain the lobby, café, kitchens, copier room, shipping & receiving area, and conference rooms in showroom condition; assist with setting up and promptly clearing meeting rooms for guest services; order building, office and kitchen supplies in a timely manner; produce semi-monthly operational meeting presentations; handle other clerical, administrative and support duties as assigned.
The right candidate for this position will ensure a highly professional and smooth running guest services and receptionist environment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate professional decorum and excellent communication skills to deliver top-notch customer service and ensure office safety at all times.
As Receptionist you will have the opportunity to grow in this role and provide general administrative support for other projects, reports and departmental tasks as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
Preferred candidates will possess:
- BA or BS Degree.
- Interest in the Acton Institute and our Mission.
- Experience as an administrative assistant or receptionist in a professional office environment.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Professional decorum at all times, in speech, dress and manner; will be warm and welcoming and treat our global and diverse levels of staff, donors, guests, clergy, executives and high officials with respect at all times.
- A pleasant and considerate demeanor with a customer service-oriented approach.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Sound judgement and will maintain confidential and sensitive material in a professional manner.
- Strong office and organizational skills; will maintain appropriate files and keep desk and office area neat and clean at all times.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Proficient with phone support; copier/scanner technical support; digital and computer skills; MS Office Suite.
- Ability to multi-task and stay calm in an environment that can be fast-paced and varies depending on the day or week’s events.
- Initiative with a can-do spirit, and will go the extra mile to see tasks through.
- Ability to be proficient in administrative and database software programs; experience with Raiser’s Edge is a plus.
- Certification in CPR/AED and First Aid is preferred.
- Experience in the Service industry is a plus.
This position is located in Grand Rapids, MI www.michigan.org. The role requires that you are currently legally authorized to work in the USA for any employer.
This is a full time role based in Grand Rapids, Michigan at the Acton Institute.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates interested in our mission and the synthesis of free markets and morality are encouraged to apply!
To be fully considered for this opportunity, please send the following to Talent@acton.org and address your letter and application to the Human Resources Department:
- A cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the mission of the Acton Institute;
- Your resume;
- Your salary history and expectations.
Incomplete applicant submissions will not be considered. While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview.
About the Acton Institute
The Acton Institute is interdenominational and our mission is to promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles. In the last ten years alone, more than 6,000 people from the worlds of higher education, ministry, business and the social services have attended Acton University and or other educational programs. Learn more about the Acton Institute.