You see it in everything from political rhetoric to Hollywood films – business is the “bad guy”. But is this really true? From the smallest mom-and-pop shop to the largest e-commerce storefronts, businesses are an essential pillar to a free and flourishing society.
- Businesses help people earn a living to care for themselves and their families.
- Businesses bring growth and stability to communities.
- Businesses provide goods and services people both need and want.
Without healthy, sustainable businesses, where would our society be?
In this one-day conference, Acton is pleased to bring together entrepreneurs and business leaders to explore the moral good that business does. Through panel discussions, interviews, and a luncheon lecture, we’ll look at topics such as:
- The theological underpinnings of work
- The meaning and dignity of work
- The role of the entrepreneur
- How innovation makes business better
- How businesses help move people from poverty to prosperity